- Low taxes
- Retail development estimated 70% below national average
- One of the fastest growing communities
- Renewable energy - wind turbines and solar
- 130 active oil wells, accounting for 44% of Ontario's oil production�
- 5 Exits off the 401
- Almost 400,000 people on the Canadian side of the Detroit River
- 4.5 million people in the adjacent areas of Detroit and South-eastern Michigan
- Temperate area, more than 200 growing days each year
- Educated workforce
- 60% of population between 25 - 64 with post-secondary, certificate or degree
- Bilingual - almost 20% of population speaks French
Quality of Life:
- Professional sports, theatre, museums, gaming and nationally rated public access golf courses are available
- Quality housing reasonably priced
- Waterfront homes
- Waterfront parks
- Boating and other water related activities
- Variety of educational options including bilingual
Visit the Statistics Canada website to view all the statistics for the Town of Lakeshore.
Visit the Building page for the Development Charges.
Windsor Essex Top 7 Community
The Town of Lakeshore works with the Windsor Essex Development Commission to attract business to this area. Visit their website to learn even more about Lakeshore and Essex County.