Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2022 05:45 PM
Detailed design and construction to follow
Residents and neighbours in the St. Clair Shores Park area can look forward to park improvements after Lakeshore Council approved a concept plan at the June 14, 2022 meeting.
New and improved amenities in the concept plan include:
- Accessibility improvements with an additional park entrance point, including expanded curb cuts, ramps, and tactile surface indicators.
- New asphalt trails in the park’s interior.
- Additional play equipment and play surface improvements.
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2022 10:58 AM
The Municipality of Lakeshore intends to control noxious weeds along the following rural roadsides:
- Selected roadsides within the Municipality of Lakeshore jurisdiction (see attached key map or image below)
The following pesticides will be used, which are registered under the Pest Control Products Act (Canada):
- Clearview herbicide (Reg #29752) containing active ingredients Metsulfuron and Amniopyralid (present as potassium salt) and
- Gateway Adjuvant (Reg #31470) containing active ingredient Parraffinic...
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2022 07:45 AM
South Middle Road will be closed from Lakeshore Road 243 to Lakeshore Road 245 for a six week period for a Hydro One project starting Monday, June 6, 2022.
Please follow posted detour routes.
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2022 05:11 PM
Take notice that the Council of the Municipality of Lakeshore passed a municipal-wide development charges By-law 56-2022, amending By-law 89-2020, being a by-law for the imposition of development charges, on the 31st day of May, 2022 under section 2 (1) of the Development Charges Act, 1997, S.O., 1997 c. 27;
And take notice that any person or organization may appeal to the Ontario Land Tribunal under section 14 of the Act, in respect of By-law 56-2022, by filing with the Clerk of the Municipality...
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2022 05:05 PM
Residents urged to contact OPP with information related to vandalism
Since opening at the beginning of May, several outdoor washrooms at Lakeshore's parks have been vandalized and damaged. In many cases, the damage created unsafe conditions which has prompted the municipality to close the facilities.
Over the last month, nearly all of Lakeshore's outdoor public washrooms have experienced significant vandalism, including graffiti, broken doors, smashed mirrors, removal and/or damage of garbage containers,...